Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have on-site parking?
Yes we have free parking on-site.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash (CAD), VISA, MasterCard, and AMEX.
- What is your cancelation policy?
Cancelations must be made more than one week in advance in order to avoid a charge. If the booking is cancelled within 7 days of your arrival date, 100% of your first night’s stay will be charged.
- Can you accommodate early or late check in and check outs?
We do our best to accommodate early check-ins. However, if your room isn’t ready upon your arrival, you are welcome to leave your luggage in our living area and your luggage will be moved to your room when it is ready. Late check in’s, you would have received an email from us confirming your reservation and it details the process for a late/self-check in.
Early check out isn’t a problem, please let us know the day before. Late checkout – we will try to accommodate you as best as we can.
- Is smoking permitted?
Ellis house is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is permitted outdoors on the front porch, ashtrays are provided.
- Do you accept pets?
We are a pet-free facility.
- Do you accept children?
Ellis house is an adult only facility.
- Can our special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, gluten-free, and lactose-free) be accommodated?
We do our best to accommodate all dietary restrictions.
- What type of breakfast is served?
We offer a full breakfast – fresh fruit, fresh baked good (e.g. cookies, muffins,) croissants or bagels, hot entrees (e.g. Omelettes, scrambled eggs and sausages, Fried eggs, crepes, eggs benedict ), yogurt, assorted beverages (coffee, tea, orange juice.)
- Can we have breakfast early?
We try to accommodate all early breakfast requests.
- What time is breakfast served?
Breakfast is served between 8:30 -10.30 am in the dining room.
- Do all rooms have a Refrigerator and Microwave and do you allow guests to use your kitchen?
No. The kitchen is off limits to guests. But 5 of our rooms have a refrigerator and 3 have a microwave. There is a common beverage center with a refrigerator, microwave, plates, dishes, and cutlery and wine glasses.
- Do you supply toiletries and Towels?
Yes we have body wash, shampoo and moisturisers in each room. All bathrooms have Bath, hand, face towels and a hair dryer.
- Is there a TV in our room?
Yes all rooms have TV.
- Does our room have air conditioning?
Yes. Each of the guest rooms has its own air conditioning controls.
- Is there WIFI at the BnB?
Yes. We offer free, secure Wi-Fi access.
- Is there a curfew?
No. You may come and go as you please. We ask that if you are arriving late at night to be respectful to other guests that may be staying with us.
- What are the sizes of beds in the rooms?
We have two rooms with King Beds, 4 rooms with Queen Beds and one room with two double beds.
- Will we have our own bathroom?
Yes, all of our guest rooms have their own private bathroom.
- Which is the closest airport to your B&B?
Buffalo International Airport (Buffalo, New York, USA, Airport code BFA) is approximately 45 km
Pearson International Airport (Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Airport code YYZ) is approximately 140 km
- Is there parking at the falls?
Yes there is paid street parking and a parking lot opposite the table rock café.
- Is there public transportation available?
Yes, you can walk to the bus stop for the local WEGO bus (bus stand is a 5 minute walk from the B&B).
The schedule and route are available on – http://www.wegoniagarafalls.com/routes/
- How far are the falls from your B&B?
The falls are 3kms from Ellis house.